Gamer rating: It's a cake, lean away from your keyboard before taking a bite!
Prep time: About 10-15 minutes, plus 65-75 minutes baking time. (Preheat 350F)
Note from the Chef: This cake is so yummy all by itself - no frosting needed! Have a slice with strawberries or raspberries on top, or (my favorite) a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. NOM NOM NOM
- 1 box dark chocolate cake mix (I suggest Pilsbury Moist Supreme Dark Chocolate Cake mix
- 1 box instant chocolate pudding (large box
- 1 (12 oz.) bag semi-sweet chocolate chunks (or half milk chocolate, half semi-sweet - your choice)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup black coffee, cooled to room temperature
- 1 (16 oz.) container of sour cream
- Butter and flour a 10" bundt cake pan.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix together all ingredients except chocolate chunks, using either a hand mixer, or stand mixer. Mix until batter is thoroughly blended and fluffy.Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Bake for 65-75 minutes, or until the cake springs back lightly when touched. cool in the pan on a wire rack. Once cooled, turn cake out onto a plate for serving.
- To serve a piece, slice it and warm in the microwave for ~10 seconds. The chocolate chunks get all melty and sinful.
Definitely not a diet food, but who counts calories when eating CHOCOLATE?!?Thank you Majiq, I'm sure this will cause a few heart racing moments... sugar + raid night = overworked heart. It'll be FINE!!