Gamer rating: Edible ANYWHERE.
Prep-time: 10-15 minutes (preheat oven to 350degrees)
Cookies are always awesome... but now you can have cookies that are vibrant colors and taste like jello! These cookies can be rolled out and cut with cookie cutters for neat shapes (if desired).
- 3/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package Jello gelatin, any flavor
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cream margarine, sugar, jello and eggs together in a medium to large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Roll dough into little balls and place on a greased and floured cookie sheet.
- Flatten each with a fork. Or... I use the bottom of a crystal brandy glass that leaves a star pattern on the cookie. Dip fork or whatever in flour to help with the sticking.
- Bake 6-8 minutes at 350 degrees.
Yields 2 dozen cookies (more or less). Fun tips: Make two batches (or two half batches) with different flavors and let kids make playdo style cookies. They don't mix much when baking so you can get some really neat designs. You can also make a "roll" design and slice the cookies off the roll for matching decorative cookies.Credit: Ruth