Gamer rating: Everywhere, although you might want to be careful at the computer.
Prep-time: 5-10 minutes, plus 2 hours setting time.
This recipe can be remixed easily by substituting the oranges and orange jell-o with raspberries and raspberry jell-o, and probably strawberries in the same way!
- Roughly 40 oz of mandarin orange slices. (3 large or 6 small cans)
- 1 8 oz container whipped cream (for diabetic-friendly types, sugar-free whipped cream doesn't even change the taste)
- 1 1 lb container of small-curd cottage cheese
- 1 large box sugar free orange Jell-o
- Empty mandarin oranges into a colander over the sink. Let them drain and dry while preparing the rest of the orange stuff.
- Mix together the whipped cream and the cottage cheese in a mixing bowl.
- Stir the jell-o powder directly into the whipped cream/cottage cheese mix. Stir well.
- Gently shake the oranges to make sure they're as dry as possible. Fold them very gently into the mixture, trying not to break them open.
- Put the mixture into the fridge to set and chill for about 2 hours. Enjoy!
Requires a colander and a fridge. This recipe can be made diabetic friendly simply by using sugar-free whipped cream. This recipe is also vegetarian-ish (there's milk products, it depends how strict a vegetarian diet)