Gamer rating: depending on side dishes, tabletop to computer.
Prep-time: about a half hour
Chicken-fried anything is a potentially trial-and-error process to get the meat just how you like it. But, breaded fried steak with gravy? Totally worth trying and error...ing :)
- 1 pkg of 2 cubed steaks
- salt, pepper, paprika, garlic power,onion powder
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups buttermilk (or milk in a pinch)
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons of cooking oil
- 2 cups milk for the gravy
- Make sure meat is defrosted. Heat the oil in frying pan on low.
- In 1 bowl mix the eggs and buttermilk.
- In another bowl, mix flour and seasonings to taste (use fork to combine ingredients).
- Dip meat in egg/milk mixture till covered. Roll it in the flour mix till coated – save remaining flour mix for the gravy.
- Turn pan to medium heat just before adding meat. Meat should sizzle when put in pan. Repeat process with 2nd steak.
- Fry on one side until golden brown then flip over. Fry on other side until golden brown. Should be done. Turn heat to low and remove pan from heat. Remove meat and put on plate.
- Sprinkle remaining flour mixture into the pan. Mix with grease until all grease is absorbed (be careful to not use too much flour).
- Place pan back on heat and SLOWLY add milk stirring all the time. Turn heat back to medium.
- Cook & stir until mixture thickens. Note: if it thickens really quick, add more milk, a little at a time. Should take 3 – 4 minutes to thicken. When desired thickness is reached, remove from heat.
- Serve steaks with gravy over them, and side dishes of choice!
Requires a frying pan and a stove. This is not a special diet-friendly recipe in any way.