Gamer rating: tabletop, larping, or even console. Not recommended for PC though.
Prep-time: About 20 minutes, including the time spent cooking the rice.
Ok folks, I'm gonna let you in to a family recipe I got from my Auntie Joan. This is summer cold buffet food, and something I see and demolish at every family gathering, but have never seen outside of them. Absolutely delicious, and even little kids go nuts for it! It keeps very well, and is a perfect make-ahead dish.
- 2 cups Minute Rice (you could use regular rice but then it takes longer)
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickle
- 2 can cocktail size shrimp (I can't find canned shrimp, so I use 1 small bag)
- "a little" mayonnaise
- Make 2 cups Minute rice using tomato juice instead of water. Add the frozen peas just as the rice is finished cooking, and let the rice and peas cool.
- Once the rice mixture is cool, add all remaining ingredients except the mayonnaise. Stir until well mixed.
- Add a little mayonnaise to moisten just before serving. Watch in amazement as it disappears.
This recipe is diabetic-friendly. Requires a stove, a pot and a mixing bowl.