Gamer rating: it's in a mug, eat it anywhere!
Prep-time 5 minutes
Note from the Chef: We use melted butter in ours, rather than oil, and chocolate chips is the way to go. We've actually whipped this up in a raid break and come back to eat freshly made hot chocolate cake at people in vent, it's that quick! It's even yummier with raspberry jam, sauce, or real berries, and cream....
- 4 tbs / 45 gms self raising flour
- 4 tbs / 55gms caster sugar
- 2 tbs / 17gms cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tbs / 43 mls milk
- 3 tbs / 25 mls sunflower oil
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
- A small dash of vanilla extract
- 1 large coffee mug
- Add dry ingredients to the mug, and mix well.
- Add the egg and mix thoroughly
- Add the milk and oil - mix well (don't forget the corners / edges of the mug).
- Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again
- Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes (in a 1000 watt microwave).
- The cake will rise above the top of the mug, but don't worry it’s supposed to!
- Allow to cool a little, tip out onto a plate (or eat right out of the mug!)